Hogwarts' Students

Hogwarts' Students
Friends without borders

Music from Within

Joint Fireworks Night by Singapore & Hongkong Societies

Monday 1 October 2007

1st Oct 2007 - unInteresting

I haven’t blogged for several days now because I was caught up with college and varsity activities. The days seem to be rather preoccupied though at some point in time, it is quite boring, such as now for instant. Well, I thought there is going to be some dinner activity but apparently I’m mistaken. This kind of sucks as I didn’t get dinner from town earlier on when I was there. And I’m now just waiting for my Indian delivery to arrive in ½ hr’s time. It isn’t cheap, costing me 5 pounds but I don’t really have a choice now. Think I should invest in utensils and learn to cook some something simple. But I realized that even buying utensils isn’t cheap…

Quite a number of things have happened over these few days. I don’t really know where to begin from or what to write, guess I’m just crapping? I made several more friends, both international and locals, but we international students tend to bunch up together. Perhaps it’s because we known each other a few days earlier before the freshers arrived or maybe it’s a psychological thing? As we all are aliens in a foreign land, I suppose each of us seek solace and comfort in one another subconsciously be it that you’re from Asia or other parts of Europe. One French girl pointed out to me that it could be due to our age difference as most of the locals would be 18 or 19.

The English people are quite crazy when they’re high and drunk. My friends witnessed some Englishmen stripping off everything outside a pub, I mean literally everything, think their female companions were cheesed off by them till they left the table they were sitting with their male counterparts. Some bars/pubs close at 11 as well. It’s quite “cute” because they would ring a bell to inform everyone that they’re closing. But 11 pm is really kind of early.

The orientation over here isn’t as long as in Singapore, but I think KR’s orientation package is better? The highlight of each day is just drinking as there isn’t anything to do at night. I’m looking forward to Wednesday though because it’s matriculation. It’s going to be held at the cathedral which is really grand inside and all of us would don on a gown over our suits. It’s very Harry Potter-ish and damn cool! Would take some pictures when the time comes, time to charge my camera.

I met my exchange coordinator today and he was telling me that the local students who went to NUS for exchange were complaining to him that they really have to study very hard in Singapore when they were there. He told me that I shouldn’t have a problem and the number of school hours would be fewer than that of NUS or at most equivalent. I was relieved to find out that most of the lectures would be using notes instead of textbooks and that most lecturers would print out the notes for us. Hee, this saves me a lot of money on textbooks especially and printing notes in school. Sigh, I think this entry is so boring because I have nothing really interesting to talk about. Neither did I think much about life now since I’m quite preoccupied. Haha, no time to be emo as Pamela puts it! Well, at least tomorrow should be better with all the college and varsity fairs. Kind of looking forward to it actually as it’s a good avenue to meet more people. Pray my Indian food arrives soon, am famished! this is my 1st post for October and it's so uninteresting, sigh...

No comments: