Hogwarts' Students

Hogwarts' Students
Friends without borders

Music from Within

Joint Fireworks Night by Singapore & Hongkong Societies

Friday 21 September 2007

21st Sept 2007 - Windsor Castle

Today was fantastic for me although it was tiring. I traveled to Windsor & Eton to visit Windsor Castle. It’s one of the Queen's residences. It’s really a beautiful place with much to see and explore. One can easily spend 2 hours within the castle. Unfortunately, I wasn’t permitted to take pictures in the nicest places inside the castle which were St George’s Chapel and the State Rooms. I’m quite tired typing this now, so I shan’t elaborate much on them. Entrance admission was 12.70 pounds but I felt it was every bit worth it. What you see within the castle, especially the State Rooms were fantastic. Not only were they elaborately furnished, but you can see famous paintings by Michelangelo etc. Some rooms have painted ceilings, many paintings on the walls, some are fully furnished with arms and the list goes on. It’s really hard to describe what I had seen earlier on today, not to mention I’m too tired to describe them in detail. I shall let some of the pictures do the talking instead.

Besides entering the castle and walking along the streets of Windsor, I went to the River Thames. Goodness, it was so delightful being there. There’re so many swans and ducks in the river and it feels so tranquil looking at the birds swimming along the river. Crossing the bridge which led me to Eton, I went to Eton College which is famous, think you guys should know as well? It isn’t that spectacular to me, but what intrigued me was the attire of the students there. Wearing a tail coat, plus a vest and stripe pants, with white shirts neatly tucked in and buttoned to the collar, these student epitomized the meaning of an English gentleman. Hehe, I secretly took a snapshot of a few students so you peeps can have a clue as to what I’m talking about.

Lastly, every thing is pricey in Windsor, the cheapest food being Macs. So I ended up eating pastry again. I tried a new pasty though which was Cornish pasty. For a week, I thought Cornish pasty was a pastry filled with corns. Only upon stepping into this shop which I heard has one of the best Cornish pasty, I realized that it’s actually a pastry filled with meat and onions. It’s really quite nice, though pricey for a pasty. The origin of it came from Cornwell, that’s why it’s called Cornish pasty. Haha, not because it’s filled with corns… silly me! It’s time to hit the sack now, good night folks, or rather… good morning to you people in Singapore.

No comments: