Hogwarts' Students

Hogwarts' Students
Friends without borders

Music from Within

Joint Fireworks Night by Singapore & Hongkong Societies

Wednesday 19 September 2007

18th Sept 2007 - English Breakfast

My day began early today, waking up at 6+ am for no apparent reason. Couldn’t get to sleep after that so I watched anime instead. I passed by a restaurant/café yesterday which serves English breakfast for 2.69 pounds. Was really tempted by it since I haven’t eaten any eggs when I left Singapore. It was a very filling meal, choosing 8 items + toast for 2.69 pounds. However, it was rather disappointing except for the egg. The bacon was near to being rock hard. The sausages were big, but after eating a portion of it, it didn’t taste as good as when you first eat it. The tomato however was good, it’s soaked in tomato puree and it’s a whole tomato which looks cucumber-ish in shape though it’s much smaller. Something like an egg shaped/sized tomato. I ended up not finishing my breakfast, with leftovers of sausages, potato and this potato pie with peas and some other veggie in it. I went there late, so the hash browns, mushrooms and perhaps some other items were already finished, thus limiting my selection of 8 items. I would say that my treat didn’t turn out well, wasted my money…

In the evening, I went for a jog. It’s my first jog over here and it was pretty tough on me. I haven’t run in 2 weeks or so, plus the climate is another factor. It was quite an experience because my throat was like numb, so it’s a little painful plus irritating. My jaws were numbed as well and after the run, my forearms were stiff and numbed. Don’t know why, but I did run under such conditions before in Austria. Think it’s the clothing? Was wearing 2 t-shirts and a track pants then, but only a t-shirt and shorts today. But the areas that were affected were my jaws and throat, which I presume have nothing to do with clothing? I may be wrong since I’m no doctor… wish I’m studying medicine instead haha.

This coming Thursday, I would be taking a long bus ride from Newcastle to London! Am pretty excited about it, because I’m not only meeting my good friend there but my best friend is going to be visiting his girlfriend, who was our good friend. She still is my good friend, mind you, just that she’s no longer his good friend though the abbreviation is still similar. Anyway he didn’t even bother to tell me he’s going down, so it came as a surprise when she broke the news to me. Bloody “zhong se qing you”, I’ve been telling him this since time immemorial… some best friend I have right? Gonna charge all my electronic devices now, and carrying on with packing tomorrow. Think I should make a cup of piping hot tea too since the weather’s cooooold. Till then, cheers.

No comments: