Hogwarts' Students

Hogwarts' Students
Friends without borders

Music from Within

Joint Fireworks Night by Singapore & Hongkong Societies

Wednesday 19 September 2007

19th Sept 2007 - Shrinking Shirt

Today I tried something new, it's called regular bacon. I thought it was some unique bacon burger, but it's actually hot dog bun with lotsa bacon in it. Some of the bacon was fine, but the bigger ones were kinda tough. Not too bad overall, but kinda overwhelming for me. I added brown sauce to it, the first time I added it to my lakeside burger, couldn't really taste it. Today, the regular bacon had no other sauce except for the brown sauce, it's sour-ish, but not to the extreme.

The weather today was slightly erratic, though not as bad as in Singapore. It poured suddenly but the day was warmer than the previous few days. The rains here usually don't last that long. I ended up going for a jog because of the fine weather, didn't get my jaws numb this time round as the temperature wasn't as cold as yesterday.

Dinner was bacon again. Haha, it's bacon with egg mayo. It tasted good, better than lunch, but the portion's not filling. I'm now contemplating whether should I get a drink from my college's bar. It just opened today I think, didn't see it open on other days. Or maybe it opens on every Wednesday and Saturday, just that I didn't realise it. It's a nice place, with a big screen projector playing soccer matches etc. I met the girl who I mentioned was nice the other time, the one from my previous post about her changing my coins into 1 pound coin and 50 pence coin for laundry. Found out that she's from Taiwan, so that explains her accent.

Gosh, I'm feeling hungry as I'm typing this. And I'm stuck at the main college building since it's raining. Am unable to return to my room... I did my laundry earlier on, wanted to wash my clothing, bed sheet, duvet cover and pillow casing before I leave for London tomorrow. This PRC girl told me I added too much washing powder. Haha, I shall be more careful in future. But that's not the worst mishap that happened, I set the dryer temperature to near max. I thought that by doing so, my clothing and all the bed sheet etc. would then be dry. Sure, it all got dried, but 1 of my favourite t-shirts shrunk!!! Goodness, shall leave the dryer temperature at medium from now on. Think I'm gonna get a drink now...

3 comments:

Alex Wong said...

shrunk shirt? Haha... think of it that you got a new tight-fitting shirt lor? :)

Jingyang said...

omg. ur laundry mishaps are hilarious! at least u are a guy n ur underwear wun get stolen.. did i tell u that i lost 4 sets of underwear in the laundry in UIUC? :(

Anonymous said...

Well, sunny boy one learned from experience in a different environ right? I did the same shrunk my woolen pull over at Utah-US during fresh year.