Hogwarts' Students

Hogwarts' Students
Friends without borders

Music from Within

Joint Fireworks Night by Singapore & Hongkong Societies

Sunday 20 April 2008

19th Apr 2008 - "Birthday" Surprise

It has been a week since I returned to Durham. These 7 days that passed don’t feel like 7 days as the week neither felt long nor short. It seems like I’m fleeting somewhere in between space and time. Wonder if it’s any good to do so or is it detrimental?

4 nights ago, my crazy European friends did something really out of the blue, yet special, for me. They declared 15th of April to be my birthday which obviously isn’t my birthday. They were clueless as to when my birthday is, so they just decided to make that day my birthday! When I met up with my clique that night, the girls suddenly just hugged me and wished me “Happy Birthday Denis!” Goodness, I was dumbfounded and was perpetually rooted to the ground after their antics. Furthermore, they prepared some small gifts for me which I thought was very sweet of them. Haha, my other friends even got conned by them into thinking it was my birthday that night. Of course, I vehemently sounded out that it was just a prank, albeit a very pleasant one, but no one seemed to have paid attention to what I was saying then -.- The situation was really hilarious and we all had a good laugh about it. It was quite a memorable night!

I found out that most of my friends’ parents are coming over to visit them in Europe bar mine. But I guess it’s alright since they can save more money that way… more cash for me to spend abroad =) My mom only knows how to send me list after list of items to buy for her in the UK. Haha, I’m exaggerating a little but yes, she did send me a list of “help-mom-to-buy” items. Oh well, not that I’m complaining. Gee, since I returned to Durham, I’ve been very much anticipating the day that I would set foot in Singapore again. I wouldn’t say it is purely homesickness but there’re several other reasons as well.

Anyway, this song that’s currently being played on my blog was recommended by a friend. She told me to listen to it only just before I retire for the night, and while listening to it, I’m not supposed to do anything else. Haha, it seems that she is rather demanding, don’t you think so? Well, being a nice person, I heeded her words. While listening to it, my emotions stirred, setting me into a thoughtful mood of reflection. It was definitely a lovely piece of music. So, Ms Demanding, I’ve placed this song for you on my blog. Hopefully, together with little splashes of raindrops outside your windowsill, this emotion provoking piece of music would enthrall your senses and feelings, thrusting you into a surreal state of fantasy…

No comments: