Hogwarts' Students

Hogwarts' Students
Friends without borders

Music from Within

Joint Fireworks Night by Singapore & Hongkong Societies

Wednesday 14 November 2007

14th Nov 2007 - A fantasy week filled with the fireworks of life

The whole of last week, weekend and weekdays inclusive, was nothing short of magical for me. The days seemed to be devoured quickly with the passage of time. Perhaps it is due to the impending winter, or was it due to the special moments which I shared with others?

Probably the highlight was on Friday whereby I played with fireworks for the 1st time in my life. It’s actually pretty similar to what we do in the army, like laying trip flares and firing off some explosives. Mixing around with a Singaporean crowd once again brought back a sense of familiarity. The usage of Singlish combined with Hokkien words and phrases reminded me of typical army days. Anyway, we managed to set the sky ablaze by the numerous and thunderous fireworks and it was quite a sight! Haha, not only that, we managed to shoot some of the fireworks into one of the colleges accidentally. We were firing them off by the river banks and across the river was one of the colleges, so due to the strong winds, some of the fireworks didn’t fly up high into the sky but instead, across the river into the colleges. Imagine if you’re showering and you see something bright heading towards you? However, doubt they’re any windows in the toilets anyway…

After the fireworks, both Singaporeans and Hongkongers went to Varsity, which is a bar, for drinks. We had some friendly competitions such as a “boat race”. People would queue up in a line and finish off their drinks, turn by turn, in one go. The first line to reach the end and finish their drinks wins the “boat race”. Well, being army trained, we Singaporeans managed to do Singapore proud by winning both the Durham HK society team as well as the Newcastle HK society team. Guess this is the result of going through army?

Following the drinks at Varsity, my friend came over to join me. I was really impressed by her that night. She was looking gorgeous and she made me felt so underdressed. I still have no idea why she dressed up and put on make up that night when we were just meeting for drinks. The night went by very pleasantly, in fact, pleasant isn’t the correct word to use but I just can’t seem to find the words to describe it. I could only say, it was as though the night was laced and sprinkled with wonder dust… and the remnants of the wonder dust remained through till Monday. It was, yet another wondrous weekend, which no words could aptly describe. Probably any description would not befit the days that passed so heavenly!

Last Tuesday was the first time someone cooked for me, besides my maid, and I was really surprised by it. I really appreciated her cooking for me because I was sick. It was really nice and sweet of her to do so. She even prepared honey lemon water for me as it would soothe my throat and she didn’t allow me to go back till I finished the cup of honey lemon water. Haha, she also gave me her honey and lemons so I could make it myself. But, I didn’t do so because I was just too lazy to prepare the drink. I told her that I would drink if she prepared it for me! Hehe, cunning me… You know, it was strange that she suggested cooking for me on Tuesday because I actually intended to cook for her on Wednesday because she was flying off. She beaten me to cooking for her by a day earlier, and she had no clue that I wanted to cook a meal for her. Is this a case of serendipity?

On Wednesday, it was my turn to cook for her. I dare say it turned out good enough because she complimented my cooking. Anyway, some background information, she can’t really cook haha, so my cooking’s nicer than hers! But I feel that it’s not the taste of the food that matters, it’s more of the thought and company that matters, with the exception of my maid cooking haha.

I think I basically summed up my entire last week, though I don’t want to go into too much detail… a little imagination or fantasy wouldn’t harm anyone right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.